Sunday 1 January 2017

Poem - You Only Need To Look




When my day is heading down,
With no solution I can see,
I need only look around.
It's flowing all around me.

And slowly, I feel it starting,
Something from within me.
Then quickly it comes roaring,
Filling every gap and cavity.

It's shooting through my veins,
And surging through my mind.
I barely control the reigns,
It's growing stronger all the time.

It's taken me away,
A huge smile on my face,
Because today's my lucky day,
I'm going to a very special place.

Soon, it all comes spilling out,
Helping me make wonders.
Things I never knew about,
Things I'd normally think are blunders.

First it takes me fast, then slow,
The sound gliding through air,
Like an arrow from a bow,
Or the flight of a frightened hare.

Alas, it's now coming to an end,
The final note rings true.
Sending a beautiful message
To me and to you.

That note has built us a bridge
To a place of awesome bliss.
Where the contents of its message,
Are always proven to say this:

Music is all around you,
You just have to find it.
And I promise once you do,
Your efforts will be rewarded.

And anyone can sit
And waste their life away,
But the person who finds music
Will never live that way.

By: Thivyashini Selvaseelan

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...